Notice

To those places affected by the smog, please take good care of yourself and wear a proper mask. Not the surgical mask but a real N95 mask. - Ry4nTr3

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hailstones?!

It was cold, raining and I have many pending works to do. About the rain, it's not a surprise anymore since I got used to it and I'm not surprised like before where I thought there's no rain here in the middle of the desert and I was surprised that it did rain! You can read it here on my previous blog about how surprise I was for the climate changes that happened in Qatar for me. It was totally unexpected for the climate here to have rained since it's the desert!

So back to my story where it rained heavily since morning and there was suddenly some banging like the droplets of rain sounded more like a stone! When I peeked out of the window of my office I start to see the raindrops more visible in white color! So I thought, "Wait! That is not raindrops?! It could not be that visible with a color!". So the banging gets louder and there were peoples rushing outside to see what was going on. I decided to join them and my thought was correct where it was hail!

Wow, that was the first time I've seen hail with my very eyes. It was small though. As big as an eraser on average. Kinda harmless but I hope there's none bigger ones at somewhere else because it can cause harm and property damages. Anyway, again... Doha seize to amaze me. Whoa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate for the feedback. :)