Notice

To those places affected by the smog, please take good care of yourself and wear a proper mask. Not the surgical mask but a real N95 mask. - Ry4nTr3

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why auto-answer can be bad for you? (sometimes...)

Ok, this is what happened. It's actually funny! Haha! Apaka, belum mula cerita dah tetak! Haha...Ok2. (Deep breath! Fuh...) I was doing my work as usual and then when I was just about to walk to another building to run some errands, suddenly I heard a voice. It's like from a phone but it has been put to a loudspeaker mode. I tried to differentiate between a walkie-talkie and a mobile phone since there are peoples who uses walkie-talkie around here and it sounds a little similar (only without the beeps!).


When I was trying to approach to the source of the sound, I noticed that my colleague was doing the same thing too. We were searching for the source of the voice because no one was in the building except us! It sounded like a woman shouting and saying 'Hello! Hello!'. So we confirmed out it was from a mobile phone. So? Nothing unusual right? People make calls and uses their loudspeaker at times but still something was unusual there... She kept on talking but I guess that the woman didn't know that there was no one there! The weird thing is that the conversation went on like 5-8 minutes (she should by now realize that there is on one there)! She was still talking alone and her tone was more like sobering or something. In her speech there was some vulgar words like 'F**k you!' and something else. She was speaking in Tagalog language and I can't understand a thing (except for the 'Hello' and those vulgar words). I guess it could be some girlfriend of someone who was love sick? Beats me!

Anyway, I guess the phone was set to auto-answer and it can be at times invites some unsatisfied people who could get angry over it as they thought you answered their call but it turns out no one was there! So watch out as technology which should help us can backfire if we're careless! :P

2 comments:

  1. that had happened to me once before but my hp was in my handbag.. i set-up my hp auto-answer for d purpose of hand's free during drving. i had lunch with a friend and didnt realize my phone was still set as auto-answer. d guy on d other side of d line heard all my conversations n kept on listening for about 30 minutes... freak!! so always know your hp set-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I was right? Auto-answer can be dangerous at times. Like a spy that was set by us to spy on us? uh...confused... :P

      Delete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate for the feedback. :)