Notice

To those places affected by the smog, please take good care of yourself and wear a proper mask. Not the surgical mask but a real N95 mask. - Ry4nTr3

Friday, October 1, 2010

Digi network problem? I thought...

A few days ago I was about to surf the internet through my mobile. Well basically it's using my laptop but via my mobile to be exact. So I plugged my phone in and everything was connected. With joy I started to surf and everything went well... but... it didn't last long. Alright, it was more like a few seconds didn't-last-long kinda thing because all the pages loaded like ages!

I've checked the properties of my connections and it shows 115kbps! What?! Usually it would be 420kbps! Yes, I am in a 3G area. It even showed 3.5G on my phone (means that it's using the high speed connection). I've tried many times as well as restarting both my mobile phone and my laptop but the result is still the same. So I've decided to chat with the DiGi agent at OCS (Online Customer Service). To cut it short, they've said that I've used up the 3GB usage and my speed was capped based on the FUP (Fair Usage Policy). What?!

Hey, my billing cycle is at the 8th of every month and by default the data usage should reset as well right? I went back for Raya on the 10th September and I was at my hometown like 10 days which is till 20th of September. When I was at home, I was busy and I surf using my wireless broadband at home. Duh! Who wants to use the mobile net if you can surf faster with the home broadband! Returning back to KL on the 20th, it was like what... 4 days later I realized that it was capped. How could I surf on the phone during my stay at Miri (at that time I didn't connect my laptop to my hp yet until I realize my speed was capped!) and reaching 3GIGABYTE of data? This is the answer by the agent; "Well sir, 3GB is not that big. You may use an app on the phone that might use our data plan as well where it could be the factor why your usage was high". WTF people...WTF... How could I use Fring till it CAPPED my speed? I CAN use up to 3 GB in 4 days... Again people I just had to say it... W.T.F...

Next question from me was whether they can check my usage and they said that NO they can't. I said why and the reason was they have no access on the customer's data usage. Ok and I asked again, how do you print my data usage on my bill then? They said that it's automatically done by the system where if the customer reached the limit, the action will be executed. Wow! A full trust to the machine! You basically CAN tell people how much they've used but you CANNOT check how much they've used. Confusing? OMG... again people, W.T.F... it's pretty ironic don't you think?

So I don't want to argue much with them since its pointless but just use what I have and tolerate with what had happened. Frustrating, yes, disappointment, yes but not much can be done though. Haih... Anyway people, I'm just sharing here. Do share your experience if you ever encounter the same problems that I have. We can learn and share the experience together as well as to the rest of the world for better understanding and judgment. :)

P.S: Oh, I'm using DiGi Unlimited plan with a monthly payment of RM58. Anyone? Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate for the feedback. :)