Notice

To those places affected by the smog, please take good care of yourself and wear a proper mask. Not the surgical mask but a real N95 mask. - Ry4nTr3

Friday, October 1, 2010

Dates to cure headache?

Last night I had a terrible headache and I thought the cause was where I was exposed to the rain. The headache was sudden and indeed unbearable. The throbbing pain continued till midnight where I had a hard time getting myself a shut eye. Usually it would goes on like 2-3 days before settling down after taking a tablet of Uphamol 650 or two tablet of Panadol Active Fast.

Unfortunately last night I didn't have both with me. Suddenly I got this crazy idea that would sounds absurd where I would try to cure myself with...dates. Yes, dates. I don't know why but that is the only thing I can found consumable and in a way, I suddenly thought of Allah. I told myself "Allah is the Almighty and Allah can take this away in any way he wants if I just ask". It was a bold move because I never try this before and usually a headache like this I would reach for a Panadol in a second. So I took a glass of cold plain water and the the dates in my hand then I pray with something spontaneous like this
 "My dear Allah. Your humble servant knows that You (Allah) are the Almighty...please ease the pain in my head with nothing that I can have now but this one date. I beg of You my dear Allah... Amin..."
Actually it was in malay language but I translated it in english so that I can share my prayers with everyone. In malay, it sounds something like this
"Ya Allah. HambaMu tahu diriMu yang Maha kuasa... Sembuhkanlah sakit kepala hambaMu ini dengan sebiji kurma ini ya Allah. HambaMu memohon padaMu ya Allah... Amin..."
Still in pain, I try my best to get a shut eye. The next morning in my office I had a chat with my wife on Skype and she asked me about my headache. I totally forgot about my headache and I just realized that it was gone as if it was never there! I felt better and the weird thing is that today I felt really motivated during my work.

Thinking back about last night on what had happened, well it gave me goosebumps and surprise. I didn't expect something little as a prayer like that would really come true. I felt very grateful to Allah and I am here sharing my story with everyone for a small thing that I did but in the end anything was possible in the will of Allah. You must not only pray but work on the solution and believe in your prayers as well. If I were in doubt last night, I might not have the will to write this post as my head might have still be throbbing in pain! Praise to Allah the Almighty!

What are the odds that a date can cure your headache?
P.S: I'm not saying dates are the solution to my headache but anything can be useful with the will of Allah... :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just read about the benefit that dates can gives us. It can be a pain-reliever as well for pregnant mothers... :)

      Delete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate for the feedback. :)